Winter is here & there is nothing like a warm pot pie to fill the hungry, cold nights. Most of us don’t have time to make big meals after a hard day’s work so I have a quick fix chicken pot pie recipe that will fill any empty belly.
Classic chicken pot pie
1 refrigerated pie crust
½ cup butter
½ cup chopped onion
1/3 cup flour
½ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon pepper
One 14oz can of chicken broth
½ cup milk
2 ½ cups shredded, cooked chicken
2 cups mixed vegetables (green beans, carrots, potatoes)
- Heat oven to 425
- Melt butter, add onion, cooking 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Stir in flour, salt & pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk & broth, cooking until boiling a thickened.
- Add chicken & vegetables.
- Pour in crust-line pie plate, add top crust.
- Cut slots in several places on top of pie.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.