Surely, if you’ve read this far, you know that our Shobha team only wants to make you happy & we take all precautions on our end to make sure that we do everything to make your experience an enjoyable one. As a result, we want to make it known what others in our field may try to hide or deny.
- For sensitive skin waxing/sugaring/threading may result in minor bumps, rashes, etc. More specifically, waxing/sugaring/threading can result in temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria, normally residing on the skin, to enter the follicles & cause superficial or deep skin infections. If an infection is noted, it should be evaluated & treated by a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- If you have never waxed /sugared/threaded before, please request a complimentary patch test before you undergo a Shobha® waxing/sugaring/threading treatment. We recommend waiting 24 – 48 hours after the patch test to see if any adverse reaction occur before a full treatment is performed.
- Here at Shobha we use only sanitary equipment & enforce a strict Shobha No Double-Dip(sm) Policy, which means that the same spatula will never be re-dipped into the vat of wax/sugaring gel.
- It is Shobha policy that specialists will not perform bikini treatments on menstruating clients.
- Specialists will wear disposable, non-latex gloves during all sugaring/waxing treatments.
We love doing our part so that you are happily hair-free, but we also strongly encourage that you love yourself as much as we do & read through our precautions below to ensure your hairless happiness.
Please don’t let these warnings prevent you from trying our sugaring/waxing treatments! If you’ve never sugared/waxed before & are feeling slightly apprehensive, we recommend dropping in for a complimentary patch test to see how you react personally, before entering a complete hairless state of being!
- Be clean – bathe like you would if you were going to your ob/gyn for bikini treatments.
- Be dry – cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip the lotion, you’ll get better results if your skin is less oily.
- Be hairy – your hair should be at least 1/4 inch in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin).
- Please don’t shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough! Also, if you’ve ‘let it go’ down there & it seems out of control, don’t worry! Our specialists will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
- Be period free (for women’s bikini treatments) – it is the Shobha policy: our specialists will not perform bikini treatments on a menstruating client, period. Generally, it is best to get a bikini treatment at least a few days before or after your period; the closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes, so be nice to your body & avoid making appointments on those ultra sensitive days.
- Be comfortable – if possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-treatment.
- Be hairy – the more hair the better, but even if you just have stubble our specialists can still thread the those tiny hairs. If you are looking for an eyebrow makeover, resist the urge to tweeze, so your specialist can see the full potential of your brows.
- Be descriptive – if there is a certain way you like your eyebrows or a new shape you want to try out, please bring the photo of yourself with your fabulous look or a pic of your favourite celebrity brows. Just like a hair stylist, our specialists can help you achieve the look you are going for while keeping in mind how it will complement your other features!
- Be relaxed – reportedly the more relaxed are, the better your hair removal results will be!
- Be prompt – if it’s your first visit, please arrive 5-10 minutes early to fill out a quick form.