- Expect to be sensitive (especially if it is your first time) for 24-48 hours after your Shobha visit. Do apply a cold compress if your skin is especially tender.
- Hold off on taking hot baths for at least 2 hours, but we do recommend bathing after waxing to further clean the area, just go easy!
- Avoid ultra-violet rays from tanning beds & sunbathing for at least 48 hours.
- Resist the sauna & steam room for at least 48 hours.
- Refrain from the use of any products containing acid (I.E., alpha-hydroxy, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc.) for at least 48 hours.
- Abstain from sex. Medical experts recommend waiting for 24-48 hours after any type of bikini wax. This time period is when your body can be most susceptible to outside bacteria which can potentially cause an infection. For your safety & health, it is better to abstain, but not required. It is really a personal choice, so just keep in mind that your skin does need some time to recover.
What should I expect after my bikini wax?
Category: Bikini Basics
Browse FAQ Categories