- Redness & bumps are normal.
- Immediately after your treatment, redness & bumps at the treatment area are common; these may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if the sensitivity continues. If there is any crusting, apply an antibiotic cream. Darker pigmented skin may have more discomfort than lighter skin & may persist longer.
- Cleanse gently.
- The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry & not rubbed during the first 48 hours.
- Skip the makeup & lotion/moisturizer/deodorant for the first 24 hours.
- Keep the area clean & dry, if further redness or irritation persists, skip your makeup & moisturizer, & deodorant (for underarms) until the irritation has subsided.
- Dead hairs will begin to shed 5-30 days after your treatment.
- Stubble, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear within 5-30 days from the treatment date. That is normal & they will fall out quickly.
- Exfoliate to speed up hair shedding.
- Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur & this may appear as new hair growth. It is not new hair growth, but the dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle. You can help the hair come out by washing with a washcloth or a exfoliating cloth & shaving.
- Avoid the sun.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots for 2 months. Use sunscreen (spf 30 or higher) at all times throughout the treatment period & 2 months following.
- Not pick/scratch/wax/sugar/thread/tweeze the area.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal methods or products, other than shaving, on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments, as it will prevent you from achieving the best results.
- Hair growth varies.
- On average, most folks will experience a level of hairless happiness after 6-9 sessions which will result in not even checking for stubble (yes, it’s life changing!).
- Ask a professional.
- Call us here at Shobha with any questions or concerns you may have after the treatment.
What do I do after my appointment?
Browse FAQ Categories