(For freshmen & alumni alike) – so, you are finally going to do it, your appointment is set, now all you need to do is…
- Be clean – bathe like you would if you were going to your ob/gyn.
- Be dry – cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip the lotion, you’ll get better results if your skin is less oily.
- Be hairy – your hair should be at least 1/4 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). Please don’t shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough! Also, if you’ve ‘let it go’ down there & it seems out of control, don’t worry! Our specialists will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
- Be menstruation free – it is the Shobha® policy; our specialists will not perform bikini treatments on a menstruating client, period. Generally, it is best to get a Brazilian at least a few days before or after your period. The closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes, so be nice to your body & schedule your appointment avoiding those ultra sensitive days.
- Be comfortable – if possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
- Be relaxed – reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal results will be!
- Shobha® Style – here at Shobha, we have created an inviting atmosphere to make you feel at ease & worry-free. In each room we offer a comfortable bed to make you as comfortable as possible during your treatment. There is also an oscillating fan if you prefer a gentle breeze during your visit. Since the bikini area is very sensitive, we have done everything possible to respect this delicate territory. For your safety, we wear non-latex gloves, use disposable spatulas & never-ever double-dip!