While you can resume your daily life and activities immediately, we do recommend that you take a few precautions for optimal results.
- No straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 3-4 hours following treatment. It is now known that it takes the neurotoxin approximately 2 hours to bind itself to the nerve to start its work, and because we do not want to increase circulation to that area to wash away the Botox from where it was injected.
- Avoid manipulation of area for 3-4 hours following treatment. (For the same reasons listed above.) This includes not doing a facial, peel or micro-dermabrasion after treatment with Botox. A facial, peel, or micro-dermabrasion can be done in the same appointment only if they are done before the Botox.
- Facial exercises in the injected areas are recommended for 1 hour following treatment, to stimulate the binding of the neurotoxin to this localized area.
- Do not lie down or bend over for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Please remember that it can take 2-10 days to take full effect. We want to see you in 10-14 days for a follow up appointment.
- Please avoid applying Retin-A, Glycolic acid, Vitamin C, and Kinerase for 24 hours to the treated areas.