It’s safe to say that we have brows on the brain even more now (we didn’t even think that was possible) – yes, we’re officially obsessed. If you haven’t gotten the memo – we finally have our new Shobha® brow pencils!
In reality, most people are not blessed with picture-perfect brows, often times due to self-inflicted mistakes & misshapes. Butchered brows have forever fetched more than just a frown & can be way more taxing on your appearance (& confidence) than just a bad hair day because bad brows can last much longer.
Enter the finely chiseled brow pencil – your (brows’) new best friend – a sure-bet solution to end brow fury & an indispensable part of your beauty kit.
If you dream of Jennifer Connelly’s thick brows or have longed to have a coiffed pair like Megan Fox, an eyebrow pencil is your secret to a more gorgeous you. Perfectly done eyebrows speak for themselves & can refresh your look.
Before you raid the beauty shelves, study these pencil pointers to help you get your brows to be their best.
- Preparation will point you in the right direction – always sharpen your brow pencil prior to each use. Then, just before you use it, pinch the tip with your fingers for a few seconds. The heat from your fingertips will soften the pencil, helping it to go on more smoothly.
- Work your best angle – always apply the pencil at a 45 degree angle. Beware of holding the pencil straight up & down, it will flatten your pencil point & deposit too much color on at once (read: no bueno if you are going for a natural look).
- Layer it until you love it – use light, feathering strokes to achieve a natural, polished look that is not overdone. Before you add more layers, step back from the mirror & see how your brows look when you see your whole face.
- Switch directions to get fuller brows – use reverse strokes, going against the grain, if your brows are forested more like the tundra than the rainforest (read: you have sparse hairs/bald spots) to subtly color the skin between, giving the illusion of more luscious brows, without matting down the hair that you do have.
- Go big on top – for thicker brows (especially if you have large eyes & are still on the road to recovery due to a tweezing massacre), add a line of pencil to the top of your eyebrow. Avoid adding a line at the bottom, it will make your brows appear too heavy (like they are going to landslide down onto your eyes) & unbalanced.
& of course, if you are a scaredey cat, a brow pencil virgin or still have no idea how to use one even though you’ve tried a million times, you can always visit us at Shobha! We’ll help you pick a color & show you how to use it (free of charge!).