Look, there’s no easy way to go about it. Your first bikini wax can be pretty nerve-racking. Here’s a few tips to make the experience better.
- Be clean – bathe/shower like you would if you were going to your ob/gyn.
- Be dry – cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip the lotion, you’ll get better results if your skin is less oily – promise.
- Be hairy – your hair should be at least ¼ inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). Please don’t shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough!
- Be menstruation free – here at Shobha, we will not perform bikini treatments on a menstruating client, period. Generally, it is best to get a Brazilian at least a few days before or after your period anyways. The closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes, so be nice to your body & schedule your appointment avoiding those ultra sensitive days.
- Be comfortable – if possible, wear loose, breathable clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
- Be relaxed – reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal results will be. So make sure to channel your inner zen!