We love trying new recipes with our Shobha® Simple Syrup for happy hour. We stumbled across this recipe for sangria with arugula! We love arugula – granted we’re usually eating it in a salad so why not try drinking (with) it? We whipped up a batch & the verdict: tasty, tasty success. We’ll definitely be making this again, & again. Is it five o’clock yet?
What you’ll need:
- 2 (750 mL) bottles dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- 1 cup Brandy
- 1 cup Shobha® Simple Syrup
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 16 oz frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen cherries
- 4 Meyers lemons, thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 20 oz lemon lime soda
Tools to have on hand:
- a large pitcher or party dispenser
- a long handled utensil (spoon or tongs or whatever you got that you can muddle with)
- a big ladle for serving
- Stir together wine, brandy, Shobha® Simple Syrup, triple sec in large pitcher.
- Stir in the arugula.
- Use a wooden spoon to mull (crush) the arugula so that the flavor is released.
- Add all of the fruit to the wine mixture, & lightly mull the fruit to release juices.
- Cover & refrigerate for anywhere from 2-24 hours.
- Right before serving pour in the soda & give it a good stir.
- Ladle or pour (carefully!!) over ice & enjoy!