Gals, let’s be honest here: one of the most fun things about winter is that you can get away with not de-fuzzing as often. Tights, pants, long skirts, Michelin Man-like coats – who’s going to see it? Honestly, what’s a little body hair between you and your favorite sweatpants?
That is, until someone IS going to see it and then you’ve got a situation to handle. At times when you can’t get to your friendly neighborhood waxer or your threader is relatively unavailable, you’ll need to have supplies on hand to take off that unwanted body hair. Here are our favorite reliable tools to get the job done.
Find out what you need for a quick and easy (and smooth) at-home hair removal process.
- If you’re going to shave, you’d better make sure that your razor is more than *just* a razor. This fabulous shower-side hair removal tool has a bikini trimmer at one end, four blades of hair removing goodness at the other. Schick Quattro for Women TrimStyle Razor & Bikini Trimmer, $11, drugstore.com
- All those who shave should use an amazing shave cream to help soften hair for a close shave and soft skin. This shave gel smells like powdered heaven (it’s called Baby Soft for a reason) and contains Vitamin E to soften skin to uber-touchable proportions. Skintimate SkinTherapy Baby Soft Moisturizing Shave Gel, $3.59, drugstore.com
- Waxing and hair removal can be a bit painful. This spray helps numb the area so that waxing is less painful before the wax and afterwards. Yes, definitely use it afterwards. Completely Bare Not Feeling It Numbing and Cooling Spray, $9.99, completelybare.com
- Home hair removal doesn’t have to always involve hot wax. The ancient practice of sugaring is gentle, effective and available right in the privacy of your own home thanks to this handy kit. Just don’t, you know, eat it. Shobha Sugaring Kit for Body & Bikini, $30, myshobha.com
- For those who decide to go with home waxing, this kit is one of the best in the business. It utilizes Bliss’ proprietary wax blend that won’t adhere to skin and removes hair as painlessly as possible. Throw it in the microwave, make it work. Bliss Poetic Waxing Microwaveable Waxing Kit, $48, blissworld.com
- If you go the depilatory route, go with a fast-acting gel cream that removes hair quickly with lasting results. You have the option to spray or slather on this formula, but either way, it gets the job done quickly. Veet Hair Removal Fast Acting Gel Cream and Spray On Cream, $7.99 – $10.99, drugstore.com
- Finally, you’ll want to protect your hair removal results, which means using a salicylic acid-based product to prevent ingrowns, razor bumps and irritation. These genius pads relieve all three when used regularly. Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads, $38