Here at Shobha we’re firm believers of ‘sharing is caring’ to strengthen our tightly-knit team bond. Most days, fave TV show chit chats, good food (often the deep fried kind) & discussing beauty trends do it, but most recently it was tinting our brows.. yes, you read that correctly.
Keep scrolling to read our reviews & see before & after pics of our new brows!
“I love it! It makes my sparse brows actually appear & keeps me lazy!” – Jenn
“On the first day it was very dark, but then after a good facial cleansing routine it faded to a very natural color” – Kai
“I was definitely nervous at first, being that I haven’t dyed anything in over 5 years, but I am quite pleased with the results. The application was easy & I feel like it helped my brows (which are clearly distant cousins, not sisters) look more alike since I can actually see the hairs now.” – Aja
“I’ve never had eyebrows before & now I do- I didn’t even have to do it myself.” – Wayne
Similar to a trust-fall, Kai & Wayne gave in to Jenn’s request/wish/demand (our brand director – not a professional makeup artist or Shobha Specialist) to let her try out the process on their brows. It’s quick (under 10 minutes total) & easy!
Here are the abridged steps (but read the ones that come in the package to make sure based on your hair color, darker colors require longer wait times):
- Clean the brow area (i.e., brow hairs & skin under/surrounding the brows).
- Apply Vaseline – or as we prefer Waxelene (a natural petro-alternative) – to the area around the brow to create a barrier so that the tint doesn’t dye the skin (yep, just like dying your hair).
- Squeeze out the contents of the solutions onto the work station card (there are 2). Make sure to tint one brow at a time!!
- Apply solution#1 to the brow – go heavy & get the whole brow (this is the color).
- Wait 1 minute.
- Apply solution #2 directly on top of the brow that has the solution #1 on it.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Blot the excess solution with a tissue & then continue to wipe the brow clean, making sure to remove any color that may have gotten on the skin.
- Repeat on brow #2, et voila – better brows!!!
We’ve added the easy-to-use Godefroy brow tint kits to the retail boutiques at our salons so you can give it a whirl for yourself!
4 things we love about the Godefroy kits:
- They are uber budget-friendly (only $9),
- They are made with natural dyes from plant extracts
- They have a variety of shades to choose from
- The results lasts for up to 6 weeks
If you are planning to tint your brows around the time you get them threaded – you can definitely do so any time before you come in for a treatment. If you are tinting them after, please wait 48 hours to ensure your newly hairless pores have closed.