- For your safety, no outside visitors are permitted in the salon (this includes friends and family so please leave them at home for their safety!). To limit exposure, you must have an appointment to enter.
- Clients under age of 18 may be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the treatment room while receiving a service.
- To ensure your safety, we have carefully chosen the buildings in which our salons dwell. Please know, during certain parts of the day (usually in the evenings & definitely on the weekends), you may be asked to sign in with the security person in the lobby -we promise it will only take a minute & it will help maintain the security of the building for everyone!
Maintaining the Shobha Environment
Shobha Sugaring/Waxing Policies
- We have learned over the years that getting a bikini/brazilian wax or sugar service can feel invasive. We appreciate you putting your trust in us to perform this intimate service and want to make sure you feel comfortable. We believe it’s helpful to know the steps that we are going to perform ahead of time. Please know that getting this service may bring up memories, thoughts or feelings related to experiences with trauma, abuse or loss, or to witnessing something traumatic or painful. If you feel uncomfortable at any point, please let us know and we will stop the service. Click here for all the steps.
- Shobha no double-dip sm policy: here at shobha we use only sanitary equipment & enforce the strict shobha no double-dip sm policy, which means that the same spatula will never be re-dipped into the vat of wax/sugaring gel.
- The nauseating truth is that double-dipping is common practice in wax application. This method uses the same spatula for the entire treatment, re-dipping the used applicator back into the vat of wax. This contaminated wax is then reused for treatments on other individuals. Unfortunately, this technique can increase the chances of potentially harmful bacteria spreading from one client to another, which is particularly disturbing when dealing with the body’s nether region (aka bikini zone).
Shobha No Period SM Policy
- Shobha specialists will not perform bikini treatments on any menstruating client.
- Generally, it is best to get a bikini treatment at least one week before or after your period. In addition to the obvious hygiene safety issue for both client & specialist, the closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes. So be nice to your body & avoid scheduling your appointment on those ultra-sensitive days!
Shobha (Latex-Free) Glove Treatment
- Obviously, hygiene is a top priority here at shobha. Your specialist will wear our non-latex gloves during each sugaring/waxing treatment.
Shobha Lateness Policy
- Here at Shobha, we do our best to respect everyone’s time & to be prompt with every appointment. Taking into account that life can sometimes delay your plans, please know that if you arrive more than 5 minutes past your appointment start time, you may not be able to be seen for your appointment. We promise to do our best to honor every appointment and need to make sure there is time for additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols as a result of COVID-19 for safety.
Shobha Cancellation Policy
- Here at shobha, your reserved appointment time is exclusively for you! Please keep in mind that “no shows” or last minute cancellations leave our other clients, who could not get in, hairy & at an inconvenience.
- As a result of not being able to accept walk-ins and regulations that limit our capacity, there is a no-show and 24 hour cancellation fee of 25%. Thank you for giving us at least 24 hour’s notice if you need to change your appointment!
Shobha Payment Options
- Shobha accepts all major credit cards (visa, mastercard, american express, discover) as well as Shobha® Dollars Cards for service & product purchases. Please download the Shobha App (on iPhone or Android) and add a credit card to your account so your checkout will be as quick and easy as possible. For safety, we are not currently accepting cash in the salon. If you have a package, and would like to tip your Specialist, you can do this with your credit card on file!
- You can now leave gratuity for your specialist on your credit card at all locations!
- An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to all appointments that total $200 or more on the same day for an individual client for waxing, sugaring, threading and tinting appointments.
- Shobha will gladly accept returns on most merchandise within 30 days of the purchase date. Studies have shown that allergic reactions usually occur while using the first 5% of the product. Please note that we do not offer exchanges for returned product at this time.
- To ensure a timely refund to your account, please return the item immediately upon deciding that you do not want the product. We regret that we do not refund original or return shipping costs with the return.
- How to return by mail:
1. If applicable, prepare unused item(s) in original condition to ship.
2. Fill out the return form included in your order, making certain to indicate the reason for your return. Please include your order number.
3. Enclose this completed return form along with the product(s) you wish to return.
4. The total of your return will be credited to the card used for the initial purchase (excluding shipping & handling).Ship returns to:
438 N. Frederick Ave
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
- All gift cards are non-refundable.
- All packages are non-refundable.
Online Product Returns:
- Please note your return shipping for future tracking.
- It is a legal requirement in the united states that items containing alcohol, fragrances, & aerosols cannot be shipped by air.
- It may take up to 30 business days to process a return & credit your account. We will notify you via email once your return has been processed. Please note that your financial institution will likely take approximately seven business days to reflect this transaction.
- If you have any questions about your return, please contact customer service at 877-831-2947 (toll-free).
- Please note that we do not offer exchanges for returned products at this time.
Returning an order to a Shobha location:
- Visit any Shobha location & return your purchase within 30 days of receipt.
- Please ensure that you bring the enclosed packing slip & return form along with the item(s) that you wish to return. A Shobha team member will process your return at any Shobha location.
Returning a gift:
- If you are returning a gift, please contact customer service at 877-831-2947 (toll-free).