My Tuesday nights usually consist of me & my makeup enthusiasts friends watching RuPaul’s Drag Race, dancing in front of the mirror & playing with our makeup palettes. Every time we get together we can’t help but gag* over the makeup looks that these queens on the show create.
(gag* -(verb): to show extreme jealousy or passion about something or someone’s look: “I was gagging when I saw how good she looked.”)
The most important steps to achieving an amazing, over the top drag queen look are amazing brows. Most queens have bushy, shapeless eyebrows that are located low & around the orbital bone. The way queens achieve their perfect brows is by completely covering them & building their brows from scratch. Whatever you do though, do not shave off your brows. Although many queens do this for work purposes, remember…you are not a professional drag queen! (p.s., you don’t have to be a drag queen to cover your brows, real women do this too!)
To get started, you will need to do a couple of things:
- Glue stick – cover your eyebrows with a glue stick, purple glue sticks usually works the best because it dries clear so it tells you when you are ready to apply your foundation/powder.
- Once the glue dries, apply a powder. A drag queen’s favorite for setting your makeup is Ben Nye’s super white powder or banana powder.
- Repeat step 1 if you want to ensure that your eyebrows will stay in place through your whole lip syncing session.
- Once the glue dries, apply a full coverage concealer & foundation, & viola your eyebrows have disappeared.
- Now that you have covered your brows, the makeup looks you can achieve are absolutely endless…take a peek below.