here are some other ways that we may gather information about you:
- create an account on the site;
- place an order on the site;
- participate in our refer a friend program;
- communicate with our customer service team via phone or online;
- post a tagged photo or other content on a third party social network in response to our request, or
- post a product review, question, answer, or other information on the site;
for european residents only
we will seek your consent to collect any personal information from you. under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request access to any personal information we hold about you (“Subject Access Request”) as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- request that personal information held about you is deleted;
- prevent or restrict processing of your personal information; and
- request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You may make any of the above-referenced requests by contacting us at email@example.com
your data will enable us to improve your user experience, respond to your questions, & to fulfill your order, to notify you about important functionality changes & for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website & our services to you. we may also send you from time to time information about products & services & details of promotions & special offers from Shobha & other companies we think you will be interested in. we may also use your information for other purposes we tell you about when we collect it. if you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, we offer a range of ways in which you can inform us about your marketing preferences:
in assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention & detection of fraud. if we believe disclosure is required by law we will share information.
we contract with other companies to provide certain services, such as credit card processing, shipping, name & address verification, email distribution, market research & promotions management. we only provide them your information under contractual requirements to keep it confidential & use it only to perform services for us. we will share your information among the affiliated Shobha companies so we can fulfill your requests & bring you information about all the Shobha products & services.
anything you post on a comment board or blog on the site can be viewed by other visitors without limitation. we have no control over how they might use that information & you should consider this when posting.
our site uses third-party social media widgets/ buttons from instagram, facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+, youtube, linkedin, flipboard and more – see a full list of our social widgets via add this at the side or bottom of every page. these third-party features may collect information about you and the page(s) you visit on the site. they may also place cookies on your device. the social media widgets are hosted by a third party or by our site. any interaction with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the third party social media networks that provide them.
Shobha & its suppliers may cancel or modify purchases on the site if it appears that they are the result of errors, fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the purchase contains or has resulted from a mistake or error. other terms & conditions included on the site, including return & shipping policies, may apply to your purchase & are incorporated by reference herein.
our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, & we will not knowingly collect any information from any person below the age of 13.
if Shobha or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
if you are a california resident we will send you a description of the categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes, upon written request. we will identify the categories of information shared & will include a list of the third parties & affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names & addresses. if you are a california resident & would like this information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. in your request, please specify that you want a "california privacy rights notice". we will get back to you within 30 days.
revised: may 18, 2012 © Salon Services, LLC