maintaining the Shobha Environment
for your safety, no outside visitors of any shape/size are permitted
in treatment rooms (i.e., infants, pets, boy/girlfriends, etc.). if you do plan to bring a visitor with you, please make
certain to have another companion to chaperone them (for children under 12) while you are in a treatment.
all Shobha Locations are cell-phone free zones, kindly take your calls in the building's outside hallway to avoid disrupting their clients.
to ensure your safety, we have carefully chosen the buildings in which our salons dwell. please know, during certain parts of the day (usually in the evenings & definitely on the weekends), you may be asked to sign in with the security person in the lobby -we promise it will only take a minute & it will help maintain the security of the building for everyone!
Shobha Sugaring/Waxing Policies
Shobha No Double-Dip SM Policy: here at Shobha we use only sanitary equipment & enforce the strict Shobha No Double-Dip SM Policy, which means that the same spatula will NEVER be re-dipped into the vat of wax/sugaring gel.
the nauseating truth is that double-dipping is common practice in wax application. this method uses the same spatula for the entire treatment, re-dipping the used applicator back into the vat of wax. this contaminated wax is then reused for treatments on other individuals. unfortunately, this technique can increase the chances of potentially harmful bacteria spreading from one client to another, which is particularly disturbing when dealing with the body's nether region (aka bikini zone).
Shobha No Period SM Policy
Shobha Specialists will NOT perform bikini treatments on any menstruating client.
generally, it is best to get a bikini treatment at least one week before or after your period. in addition to the obvious hygiene safety issue for both client & specialist, the closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes. so be nice to your body & avoid scheduling your appointment on those ultra-sensitive days!
Shobha (Latex-Free) Glove Treatment
obviously, hygiene is a top priority here at Shobha. your specialist will wear our non-latex gloves during each sugaring/waxing treatment.
Shobha Lateness Policy
here at Shobha, we do our best to respect everyone's time & to be prompt with every appointment. taking into account that new york city & its many inhabitants can sometimes delay your plans, please know that if you arrive more than 5 minutes past your appointment start time, you may be asked to wait so that we may honor our next client's appointment. we promise to do our best to take you as soon as possible, however if you cannot wait, we suggest reschedulling your Shobha Date!
Shobha Cancellation Policy
here at Shobha, your reserved appointment time is exclusively for you! please keep in mind that “no shows” or last minute cancellations leave our other clients, who could not get in, hairy & at an inconvenience.
if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, we ask that you give
us a courtesy call (or you may login to cancel online). in general, we would love at least 24 hours notice (especially for lengthier appointments), however we know life happens & things come up, so please just give us as much notice as possible!
Shobha Payment Options
Shobha accepts cash & all major credit cards (visa, mastercard, american express, discover) as well as Shobha® Dollars Cards for service & product purchases.
please note that grauities may only be left in cash!
an 18% gratuity will automatically be added to all appointments that total $200 or more on the same day for an individual client.
Shobha gladly accepts returns on most merchandise within 10 business days of the DELIVERY date. without exception, we will not accept returns on products that are more than 20% consumed; studies have shown that allergic reactions usually occur while using the first 5% of the product.
to ensure a timely refund to your account, please return the item immediately upon deciding that you do not want the product. we regret that we do not refund original shipping costs with the return.
how to return by mail:
1. place the reused item(s), in its orignal condition, in the orignal packaging to ship your product.
2. fill out the return from included, making certain to indicate the reason for your return. please include your invoice number.
3. enclose your completed return form along with the product(s) you wish to return/exchange.
4. attach the return mailing label (supplied by Shobha) to the outside of your parcel.
5. your return will be credited to the credit card of the initial purchase (excluding shipping & handling costs).
ship returns to:
137 fifth avenue
new york, new york 10010
attn: customer service dept.
• please note your return shipping for future tracking.
• it is a legal requirement in the united states that items containing alcohol & fragrances cannot be shipped by air.
• we'll issue you a full refund to your credit card for the price of any item that you return if your return is received within 10 buisness days of the DELIVERY date. after the 10 days have passed, we regret that we do not accept any returns. please make sure to enter all of your information in the return form, including your e-mail address & phone number.
• it takes up to 30 business days to process the return & credit your account. we will notify you via email once your return has been processed. please note that your financial institution will likely take approximately seven business days to reflect this transaction. if you have any questions about your return, please contact customer service at 877-831-2947 (toll-free).
• please note that we do not offer exchanges for returned products at this time.
returning an order to a Shobha Location:
• visit any Shobha Location & return your purchase within 10 days of receving your order.
• please ensure that you bring
the enclosed packing slip & return form that was included in the
orignal package along with the item that you wish to return. a Shobha Team Member will process your return at any Shobha Location.
returning a gift:
• if you are returning a gift, please contact customer service at 877-831-2947 (toll-free).