life is full of firsts...your first word, your first tooth; your first apartment & now your first brazilian!
the brazilian bikini wax has evolved over time. at present a true brazilian can best be described as the bare bikini; leaving you just as hairless as the day you were born. however, not everyone wants that newbie feel; some prefer to leave a little or a lot. here at Shobha we offer a variety of options so that your bikini area can be just as unique as the rest of you! keep in mind that the Shobha® Brazilian Bikini always includes removal of hair in the lip &/or crack areas, the rest is your call!
preparation for the big day
(for freshmen & alumni alike) – so, you are finally going to do it, your appointment is set, now all you need to do is...
- be clean – bathe like you would if you were going to your OB/GYN.
- be dry – cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip the lotion, you'll get better results if your skin is less oily.
- be hairy – your hair should be at least 1/4 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). please don't shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough! also, if you've 'let it go' down there & it seems out of control, don't worry! our specialists will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
- be menstruation free – it is the Shobha® Policy; our specialists will NOT perform bikini treatments on a menstruating client, period. generally, it is best to get a brazilian at least a few days before or after your period. the closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes, so be nice to your body & schedule your appointment avoiding those ultra sensitive days.
- be comfortable – if possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
- be relaxed – reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal results will be!
- Shobha® Style – here at Shobha, we have created an inviting atmosphere to make you feel at ease & worry-free. in each room we offer a comfortable bed to make you as comfortable as possible during your treatment. there is also an oscillating fan if you prefer a gentle breeze during your visit. since the bikini area is very sensitive, we have done everything possible to respect this delicate territory. for your safety, we wear non-latex gloves, use disposable spatulas & never-ever double-dip!
doing the deed
your specialist will greet you & guide you to one of our private rooms. at this time you will be asked to remove your undergarments, from the waist down. she will ask you a few questions about your preferences for hair removal in each region involved; top, lip & crack. if it is your 'first time,' she will talk you through the entire process.
what to expect during your treatment
you will be asked to remove your underwear. by removing your underwear you protect your clothing as well as provide optimal working conditions so that the specialist can get all of the unwanted hair!
- please note: your specialist will remain in the treatment room while you get yourself ready during which time she will prepare for your treatment. another reason that your specialist remains in the room is to ensure your privacy & avoid unnecessary opening & closing of the treatment room's door.
- your specialist will cleanse the area to eliminate potentially dangerous bacteria that may exist on your skin.
- your specialist will examine the hair length, & trim accordingly.
- your specialist will perform the actual waxing.
- after you are as bare as you want to be, you will be rewarded with a bikini facial!!!
- your specialist will present a mirror for you to view the result & the approval of your new 'do' as well as check for any stray hairs!
- you are finished & ready to go about the rest of the day! (oh! please remember to dress before leaving the room.) & remember, if this is a new 'thing' for you, treat your 'Brazilianized' bikini like you would any other haircut, try it out for a few days & then decide!
the after wax
- expect to be sensitive (especially if it is your first time) for 24-48 hours after your Shobha Visit. do apply a cold compress if your skin is especially tender.
- hold off on taking hot baths for at least 2 hours, but we do recommend bathing after waxing to further clean the area, just go easy!
- avoid ultra-violet rays from tanning beds & sunbathing for at least 48 hours.
- resist the sauna & steam room for at least 48 hours.
- refrain from the use of any products containing acid (i.e., alpha-hydroxy, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc.) for at least 48 hours.
- abstain from sex. medical experts recommend waiting for 24-48 hours after any type of bikini wax. this time period is when your body can be most susceptible to outside bacteria which can potentially cause an infection. for your safety & health, it is better to abstain, but not required. it is really a personal choice, so just keep in mind that your skin does need some time to recover.
a brazilian a month keeps the hair away
depending on how quickly your hair grows, we recommend maintaining your brazilian bikini with treatments every 3-5 weeks, & please, no shaving between visits! after the first 48 hours, we recommend daily exfoliation of the bikini area to help prevent ingrown hairs. you can check out our range of exfoliation products at any Shobha Location & on our online boutique!