post hair removal tips
- the area that was treated may be more sensitive than usual for the next 24 - 48 hours.
- please be kind to your skin, avoid harsh products that may have adverse reactions, for the next 24 - 48 hours after your treatment.
- refrain from using skin care products, like cleansers & moisturizers, which contain acids (i.e. alpha-hydroxy, glycolic, salicylic, etc.) although these acidic ingredients help remove the dead outer layers of skin, they may cause an adverse reaction after hair removal, depending on the sensitivity of your skin.
- avoid ultra-violet rays from tanning beds &/or sunbathing for at least 48 hours. always wear proper uv protection.
- resist the sauna & steam room for at least 48 hours.
- gently wash the area with an antibacterial soap in lukewarm water.
- hold off taking hot baths/showers for at least 2 hours after your treatment.
- use a cold compress to help soothe the hairless skin if you feel any discomfort or irritation after your treatment.
- medical experts recommend abstaining from sexual activity for the first 48 hours after any type of bikini wax. this time period is when your body is most susceptible to outside bacteria which can potentially cause an infection.
- we recommend daily exfoliation of the area to help prevent ingrown hairs after the first 48 hours. you can check out our range of exfoliation products at our Shobha Locations, & our online boutique!
- hydrocortisone cream may be used after any hair removal treatments to help reduce irritation & inflammation, as long as you have no medical reasons prohibiting its use. feel free to ask your specialist to apply some hydrocortisone cream before you leave. you may also reapply the cream at home that evening if you feel any further irritation. hydrocortisone cream can be found at your local drug store.